Case Study: RFE for Labor Certificate

USCIS recognizes that a client’s foreign degree is the U.S.equivalency of a Bachelor Degree, but disagrees that the client’s educational experience meets labor certificate requirements. In these cases, a functional equivalency must be shown between the labor certificate and the degree obtained.In this particular case, a client approached Career Consulting Internationalafter receiving an RFE from the USCIS. He held a Bachelor Degree in Engineering, but his immigration visa requirements required a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.We were able to supply extensive research materials and evidence to issue an expert opinion demonstrating how the two degrees were in fact functionally equivalent. With the educational evaluation and the expert opinion, we were able to successfully answer the RFE.The client received approval for his visa.]]>

Case Study: Another I-140 Visa Approved

AAO after only one year. Then he came to Career Consulting International.We were able to show that his 3-year degree was the U.S. equivalency of a four-year Bachelor Degree in the same field. We also issued an evaluation report indicating that the client’s Associate Membership in the Indian Institute of Metals (AMIM) was the U.S. equivalency of a Master Degree in Metals Engineering.The client’s attorney used these evaluations to submit a brief arguing that the client’s petition should be approved. The client’s I-140 visa was subsequently granted.]]>

Foreign Credentials Evaluations: What Diplomas Make the Grade? . If your university is listed here, your degree will probably be recognized as accredited education by the U.S. Department of Education. This is the educational authority recognized as well by USCIS. Some universities, such as some accredited institutions within the United Kingdom, can be located at other websites as well.Sometimes, a private educational institution or university operating within a particular country will be recognized as accredited education as well. These foreign academic credentials may be issued by a private university or by that country’s department or ministry of education. For example, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is an educational institution established by that country’s statutes and passing those examinations can yield the U.S. equivalency of a degree as well.Determining whether some foreign diplomas, such as certain postgraduate diplomas offered in some countries, are accredited can be a difficult process. For this reason, many foreign academic credentials evaluation agencies, including Career Consulting International, offers pre-evaluation reports. These can be used to offer students an idea of whether their education can indeed be evaluated as the international equivalency of an accredited degree.Not all diplomas do meet U.S. requirements for accredited education, and extenuating circumstances apply. For this reason, the USCIS generally requires persons who have obtained their degrees outside the U.S. to have an educational evaluation performed before an employment-based visa is issued. Do your homework, and get your degree evaluated so you will know whether your diploma will make the grade!]]>

Employment from Abroad: Getting an H1-B Visa

USCIS website.In order to demonstrate that their foreign degrees or diplomas are equal to a U.S. degree, most workers are required to obtain an equivalency evaluation from a foreign credentials evaluation agency, such as Career Consulting International. This is particularly true for individuals from countries such as India, Pakistan, and some European Countries who hold 3-year degrees. These credential evaluations are also used for other purposes such as education and immigration, in the event that a person desires to apply for permanent resident status.Generally, people who hold H1-B visas are allowed to remain in this country for three years after obtaining the visa. These visas can be renewed one time, and allow a person to remain in the U.S. as a temporary worker for up to six years total. Individuals interested in staying longer or becoming permanent residents should consider applying for I-140 status instead.]]>

Scroll to Top