Case Study: H1B Visa Approved with NO College

Post 63 of 423

H1B educational requirements state that to qualify a candidate must hold a US bachelors degree or higher or its equivalent. What if you have, or your employee or client has the specialized skills and expertise necessary to excel that the job, but no college experience?

The trick is in the equivalency. At TheDegreePeople, we write evaluations every year for clients who got their education on-the-job, and through training that took place outside of a degree track.

Here’s how it works:

CIS accepts that three years of progressive work experience is the equivalent of one year of college credit in the field. You will need to document how during this work experience you or your employee or client took on an increasing level of responsibility in their work, and the duties of their work took on an increasingly higher level of complexity and specialization. This works similar to testing – you, or your client or employee clearly engaged in education on the job because they “tested out” by evidence of the nature of their work including skills and knowledge they learned on the job that they hadn’t known or been trusted to apply before.

Only a professor with the authority to grant college credit for work experience can write the evaluation you need, or your employee or client needs to get their H1B visa approved. Don’t wait until the last minute to order this evaluation. You need to know as soon as possible whether or not you have, or your employee or client has the progressive work experience needed to account for the missing degree.

We have professors on hand 24 hours a day 7 days a week to work with you. For a free review of your case, or your employee or client’s case, visit and submit the resume and educational documents, and indicate the occupation. We will get back to you in 48 hours or less with a full analysis and our recommendations.

This article was written by Rebecca Little